What's the weather like by you?

First Name
Karen
Hardiness Zone
7b
Good question! My husband is off on a trip, and I'm guessing that we have 600 gallons total.
We have our well tank that is 1500 gallons. We're having to get a second well drilled, which is super expensive. Our present well is only giving us 75 gallons a day. We're on strict water conservation at the moment until we can get the new one drilled. We're waiting on the state for a drilling permit. When you have 2 wells here, they put meters on them and we have to report to the state monthly on how much water we're using. :(

First Name
Karen
Hardiness Zone
7b
That's how I looked when we found out. We got 4 estimates and that was the least expensive. I hate doing it, but we can't live here without water so it has to be done. We're guessing it could turn out to be 650 ft deep.

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
Don't you hate when you have to spend money for something that you should already have or something beyond your control?

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
Bad storms in the NE yesterday afternoon. A lot of lightening, thunder and wind with heavy downpours. Over 34,000 households without power in our county and well over 300,000 in the NE. We lost our power at 4pm. It's been out for 18 hours now with no word of restoration. So glad we have our generator. Our internet just came back on a little while ago. It's been on and off since the storm.

First Name
Karen
Hardiness Zone
7b
Those storms sounded terrible! Our son in law was due in D.C. for his work, and he was stuck for many hours trying to get to D.C. because the airport was closed. Then when he got finally got there, the subways were closed and the taxi lines were longer than a football field. He got there are 3am and got 3 hours sleep before he has to get to work today. He has pain from bad back and bad knees, and he'd put his meds in his checked baggage. :(

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
24 hours and we still don't have power. I ordered propane today. They say they come within 48 hours for generator customers. I have 48-60 hours of propane left. Rained all day. Puddles even in the grassy areas.

@waretrop did you lose power? Is your generator working?

waretrop

Staff member
First Name
waretrop
Hardiness Zone
5b
We have had a terrible time of it. We have lost any more trees. Here e a example....This tree is just outside our bedroom window...and half of it is still up...but is is swaying like crazy...very worried about my house at the moment.

tree1.jpg

My hubby may not make it home this evening for all the roads are closed...Allot of people as well as Jim, will not have for many days...both in PA and NJ

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
It's nice your generator runs on propane. When my sister had a whole house generator in Washington state, hers ran on gasoline, and that was quite a mess for her handling it all alone.
Yup, this is great. Power goes off, generator comes on...power only off for a few seconds. Running for 37 hours now. No idea when regular power is coming back.

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
We have had a terrible time of it. We have lost any more trees. Here e a example....This tree is just outside our bedroom window...and half of it is still up...but is is swaying like crazy...very worried about my house at the moment.

View attachment 1225

My hubby may not make it home this evening for all the roads are closed...Allot of people as well as Jim, will not have for many days...both in PA and NJ
Looks like a huge white pine. They are very soft wood and don't do well in high winds. We've had a number of them fall on our property over the years...luckily far from the house. If you need anything, give me a call or send an email. Stay safe.