What did you do in your greenhouse or for your greenhouse today?

First Name
Lori
Hardiness Zone
5A
Today I started more seeds in soil blocks.

I start early because I can. I have every surface near a window covered itrays of blocks or pots and also have an indoor area too. This is a pic before I got my led and hps lighting. I'll try to remember to take a pic of it now. The lights don't cycle on until 7..... It is cheaper to light this area than to heat the greenhouse at this time of year. Indoor Growing Startup (9).JPG

First Name
Karen
Hardiness Zone
7b
Very nice, Lori. I have a Mars Hydro Grow tent and their LED light. It works great. I just got a lot of different aloes and crown of thorns, and put the cuttings in small pots in the grow tent. They seemed to get rooted in less than a week, and now some of the new crown of thorns are blooming already. I'm thrilled!

First Name
Lori
Hardiness Zone
5A
I have two of tnese side by side. I run a length of dryer vent piping from the unvented one into the vented one. I use an air duct booster fan to pull the air outside the house. I also now have switched to mostly using capillary watering and have heated seedling mats connected to thermostats. The lights and interior circulating fans are on timers. I also ran dc power from my batteries to operate the dc fans. And of course, the batteries are powered by the sun :)

First Name
Lori
Hardiness Zone
5A
Still haven't had time to take any pictures of my indoor seedlings. They are really starting to take off. My nicotiana are the biggest performers!

I will be visiting a store today to purchase some more seedlings. And they also have the window film on clearance - this is the stuff I use to create my clear "twinwall". I had redone one side of the 6x8 last fall with the heavy duty film and didn't want to spend the extra to do the second side. Hopefully I'll get a sunny day to redo the other side before the end of next month when I plan to start moving my seedlings out there and turn the heater on.

I've got to quick fit that shopping in between taking my OH to the hospital for a minor operation and then picking him up later. Better get myself in gear here!

Have a super day and play safe!

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
My slow release fertilizer and powered dolomite lime came in the mail. I have the peat moss and vermiculite in the shed. I am all ready to make my seedling mix. I'm going to try and get the 2nd fan mounted today and take some pics of the new solar system I finished. What I really need to do is clean the bench in my workshop after this last project. Crummy weather...warm, but very gray. Winter storm watch for tomorrow night; here we go again.

First Name
Lori
Hardiness Zone
5A
I've been working , money in is always nice, and working on gathering up the wiring and dc timers and investigating things online to prep for next months opening of the 6x8. I'm also putting together my orders to get all the needs for capillary watering system. Which in turn means I have to rework some of my low flow irrigation set up in there too. Lots to get done and lots of pre planning before I start all the hands on stuff. I think I may need to put together a control board for the electrical harnesses and timers... All fun :)