UNUSUAL Greenhouse Pictures

waretrop

Staff member
First Name
waretrop
Hardiness Zone
5b
No, you would just use stained glass and silicone the dang thing in. I can do that....Just over lap the glass from the bottom to the top....This isn't, like your wonderful artwork, it's a greenhouse... LOL

waretrop

Staff member
First Name
waretrop
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yes I had planned on using these wonderful beveled glass in it but now I am thinking of doing something with stained glass...Stayed tuned....

waretrop

Staff member
First Name
waretrop
Hardiness Zone
5b
ooh yesss! That sounds good. I didn't have enough beveled glass anyway....good excuse.. right?

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
The green bubble: four symbolic places in the capital

For a natural break…

Independent foundation Office Hollandais des Fleurs asked Jardins de Babylone to plant four green bubble in four different places in Paris: Place Colette, Gare Montparnasse, Cour Saint Emilion and Place Saint Germain-des-Prés.

An particular atmosphere was assigned for each of them, so the plants varied according to the site:
  • “The Prestigious” located at Place Colette in front of the Comédie Française, made up of orchids and Aeschynanthus japhrolepsis (lipstick plant).
  • “The Jungle,” at Gare Montparnasse decorated with Philodendrons, Medinilla magnifica, (showy medinilla) and Nepenthes (tropical pitcher plant).
  • “Psychedelic,” proudly displayed at the St. Emilion court, filled with flashy red begonias and brown plants with moustaches: Vriesea, Neoregelia and Tacca.
  • “The Aerial,” at Place Saint Germain-des-Prés, is graceful, elegant and rootless. It is covered in Tillandsia and Hoya linearis.
The futurist and visionary world of Amaury Gallon
The idea behind the plant design was to create four bubbles with four different themes in four different places in the heart of Paris. A lot of thought was given to the choice of plants for the plant bubble designs.

The aim of this project called “My bubble, my plant and me,” carried out by floral designer Amaury Gallon, was to offer Parisians 15 minutes of pure happiness and to reveal the sense of well-being plants bring to Paris. Visitors are disconnected from Paris life, from the urban landscape, and enter this place where there are no landmarks and silence reigns. They can go past, enter or marvel at this strange, green UFO lined with indoor plants and unwind for a few minutes before resuming the course of their existence.

This mineral atmosphere helps us forget the stress of our everyday lives. Amaury Gallon therefore transports us into a magical and enchanting plant universe! This initiative aims to reconcile nature with the city in line with the needs of citizens who are increasingly brightening up their interiors with plants or flowers: collective initiatives or individual green guerrillas right in the city.

A_copy_bulle-1024x768.jpg

A_copy_bulle-2-1024x768.jpg

A_copy_bulle-3-1024x768.jpg

A_copy_bulle-4-1024x768.jpg

A_copy_bulle-5-1024x768.jpg

A_copy_bulle-6-1024x768.jpg