UNUSUAL Greenhouse Pictures

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
Thought I would start a fun thread that features UNUSUAL greenhouse pictures...funny greenhouse pictures, tragic greenhouse pictures, scary greenhouse pictures, strange greenhouse pictures...well, you get the idea.

I'll start off with this one I just saw on a New Zealand greenhouse manufacturer's website in their photo gallery. Apparently, this customer bought their greenhouse because of how well it stands up in the snow! :eek:

snow-load.gif

Hardiness Zone
Uh, that is a very interesting photo that I can't tell whether I should laugh or pity the owner. :oops: It's kind of strange for this photo to be featured on the company's website because it doesn't exactly convince me to check their products. Is there a story behind the photo?

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
Uh, that is a very interesting photo that I can't tell whether I should laugh or pity the owner. :oops: It's kind of strange for this photo to be featured on the company's website because it doesn't exactly convince me to check their products. Is there a story behind the photo?
It really is a strange photo for advertisement. However, it obviously can withstand a lot of snow. In that kind of weather one probably needs a greenhouse. :ROFLMAO:
I guess I should have clarified it is from the company's customer photo gallery...not a sales pic.

jordan

Gotta get a Greenhouse!
First Name
Jordan
Hardiness Zone
7a
Hahaha...I hope they don't have to get into their greenhouse anytime soon!

Here's one made out of soda bottles. I guess the guy thought he could save money on a greenhouse covering, but I wonder what it cost him to buy all that soda!

Plastic-Bottle-Greenhouse.jpg

Hardiness Zone
8a
That is amazing MoonShadows. Anything to cut that heating bill back in Sweden would be a big help. I don't think it would work here though on the coast. Too much heat and humidity already. This guy really was ahead of his time.

Oh wow, that greenhouse is beautiful! I love the design so much. I'm also super intrigued by that house inside a greenhouse. I can't believe that was built in the '70s. That architect was ahead of his time.

@jordan Apparently those kinds of greenhouses are pretty popular. They get pretty wild too.

They have a lot more of them here.