Today's Funny, Wierd, Strange or Otherwise Useless BUT Entertaining or Interesting Tidbit

First Name
Karen
Hardiness Zone
7b
I just saw this little tidbit on the Nat'l Gardening Assn group and didn't know about it.

"You only need coffee to solve your slug problems.. Make it VERY strong, dilute half & half with water, and spray (compressed air or trigger sprayer) where the slugs travel. They absorb the caffeine as they travel and have heart attacks within 72 hours. Seriously: courtesy of the University of Hawaii. They were trying to quiet tree frogs; didn't work worth a damn on the frogs but was DEATH to slugs."

First Name
Kim
Hardiness Zone
8b
Really?!?!? Green Coke-Ick! And EEEEKKKK on the cockroaches, can't stand them. I distinctly remember being hit in the head with them on Kwaj. Here in Texas, they drop out of the trees onto wine-sipping patrons below. I now sit in the middle of the driveway and watch my neighbors freak out when they drop into their hair from the trees! Green Coke and Cockroaches. Ick.

First Name
Kim
Hardiness Zone
8b
Well, Mr. Richard Overton here in Austin is getting close! He is the oldest living WWII vet now and he is 112. His house was just renovated because it was a tad run down (the same house he came back to after WWII) and they added air conditioning. He hasn't decided if he likes that or not- he's never had A/C in 112 years! Ha! He is a dear man who credits his longetivity to the cigars he smoked and fifth of whiskey he drank for breakfast every day. He is a hoot and we see him around town often, he is quite the celebrity.