To LIKE or not to LIKE...That is the Question

Should we keep the Likes or eliminate them?

• Keep LIKES

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Eliminate LIKES

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have been a member on a lot of forums over the years. I have never been a fan of member points, trophies or Likes. Some forums have them, some don't. So, when I set up our forum there was an option of allowing points and trophies. I declined the option. I would have declined LIKES had there been an option, but there wasn't. There is now an add-on I can install that would eliminate the LIKE option and remove the total from each member's information box.

However....since the forum was started with this option, and I don't know how you feel about it, I thought I would throw it open to a vote. This poll has two options and will run for one week. Feel free to vote, and you can add your thoughts to the thread if you wish.

Thanks.

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
Again, I would LIKE your post above, but I'm not a big fan of LIKES. If I get outvoted, that is OK, too. That's why I am asking all of you. :)

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
With all the precincts reporting, the voter turn out was low. ;)

You may have noticed the LIKES have been being played with the past 2 days.....I was trying to implement exactly what I wanted.

What I have decided to do is to keep LIKES, BUT the tally of LIKES will no longer be posted.

In other words, you can still LIKE a post, and the member will be notified you liked his/her post, but there will be no record kept of total LIKES for any member.

I welcome any feedback.

Jim