Recruiting Members

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
I just ordered 500 Business Cards and designed two flyers. If you belong to any gardening groups or clubs, or know a place where any of these might attract attention of hobby greenhouse owners, let me know. I won't have then business cards for a week or so, but you can download one or both posters now. I'll let you know when the biz cards arrive and can send some to you if you think you can make good use of them.

Actual size - 3.5" x 2"
previewL13MF9HI.jpg

Attachments

jordan

Gotta get a Greenhouse!
First Name
Jordan
Hardiness Zone
7a
Hey moon, I made a few copies of that one that has the tear offs. The supermarket and hardware store have bulletin boards where people in m y town post all kinds of stuff. Maybe someone will see them and hook up with the forum.

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
The business cards came in tonight. If you think you can use some, and they will help to recruit members, let me know and I will mail you some.

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have decided to place a 1/3 page ad in the next 4 quarterly magazines and newsletters of the Hobby Greenhouse Association. I imagine the ad will run starting in the Spring editions. I have sent them the proof below and am waiting for suggestions from them if they feel it won't print well as is.

hgg-ad-proof-1.jpg

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
I don't know what their circulation is. I get the feeling it is only a few hundred, if that, but if we could get a small percentage to visit the forum, it might give us some more participating members. I'm sure some of them would like a forum to talk about everything greenhouse gardening.

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
I found out yesterday that the HGA circulation is about 300 members. It used to be a lot more, an all-time high of 1600. I imagine they have suffered like many other groups/forums with the advent of Facebook, Twitter and the like. Hopefully, as we grow, we can push some new members their way. I think it is a very worth-while organization.

I ordered 500 Rack Cards from Vista Print yesterday. I plan to put them into the farm markets, farm stores etc. that we sell our MoonShadows Farm products to when Spring deliveries begin. They measure about 4" wide x 9" high and are made for those info racks you see in places, or can be left on a counter. If you have a place you can place some where hobby greenhouse folks might frequent, let me know, and I'll send you a handful of them. And, don't forget, I have business cards and flyers available if you can make use of them (see above posts). Thanks.

previewXF9CNFKY.jpg

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
I was out and about today, and one of my errands was to drop off an order to our biggest customer, The Village Farmer and Baker in Delaware Water Gap, PA. (FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Village-Farmer-and-Bakery-114465741911673/ and WEBSITE: http://www.villagefarmerbakery.com/home.html ). We've become good friends with the owners in the 11 years we have been supplying them. The wife told me last week to bring in Hobby Greenhouse Growers Rack Cards, so I did that today and put them right near the front door. She also asked if we wanted to set up on their biggest plant-selling day in May to sell our products and promote Hobby Greenhouse Growers, so we are going to take her up on it. I think I will get a HGG poster made at Vista Print and give out cards.

We also stopped at the Pocono Farm Stand (another customer... FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/PoconoFarmStand/ and WEBSITE: http://poconofarmstand.com/) to pick up a dozen fresh brown eggs, and I started talking with the owner about HGG. He said he gets customers asking him where they can buy greenhouses and asked me to bring in some cards for both the forum and the greenhouse sales site.

Plenty of business cards and rack cards if you know of a place where potential forum members might frequent. Hmmmm...maybe I can think up some kind of contest with a nice prize for most referrals to the forum over a period of time, and run it in the early Spring.

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
I certainly hope so, Karen, but I am prepared for it to take a long time. I know of forums where it took 1, 2, 3 and more years to really get going. Of course, I would like ours to get going sooner rather than later! ;)