Circulation Fans

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
Last year I used 2 cheap small plastic "box-type" fans in my greenhouse, but was never happy with them since they took up space and weren't very versatile. Over the past couple of days I stated looking for clip fans to hang from the rafters, but they don't seems to do much. Last night I found a fan I am going to try. It is the Active Air ACF16 Wall Mount Fan, 16 Inch. They have them on Amazon for $36.24 each, and since I had $34.06 in rewards points, I decided to but two of them for a total of $42.76 with shipping.

41E7pM4IqoL.jpg
Active Air 16" Wall Mount Fan

This easy-to-mount unit has 3 speed settings and oscillates 90 degrees to give you ultimate control of airflow in your area. It has two pull chains that allow for easy adjustments of speed or direction, and operates very quietly.
Helps grow healthy plants
Prevents stratification of grow room air
Smooth and quiet operation
90° oscillating action
Three speed settings
Two pull chains to operate speed and oscillation
Easy wall mount
6' power cord
55 watts
ETL listed

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
The fans arrived a few days ago. I opened one up last night and assembled it. It's a pretty nice fan for the price...throws a nice breeze (3 speeds) and quiet. I like that it can be dismantled for cleaning (the cage and blades can be removed and easily washed), and I like that it oscillates 90 degrees. It has two strings that hang down, so if mounted high, I can change the speed or turn the oscillation on or off without having to stretch or stand on something. I'll take a couple of pictures when I install them in the greenhouse.

First Name
Lori
Hardiness Zone
5A
I bought one of those from TSC a few years ago. I have it mounted on a post in the basement and I have it on medium/oscillating to "fluff" the clothes on the lines down there. It is dandy but really only suitable for large areas.

I don't use a/c outside so it's just as well that it's way to big for little houses like mine. :)

MoonShadows

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Jim
Hardiness Zone
6a
I bought one of those from TSC a few years ago. I have it mounted on a post in the basement and I have it on medium/oscillating to "fluff" the clothes on the lines down there. It is dandy but really only suitable for large areas.

I don't use a/c outside so it's just as well that it's way to big for little houses like mine. :)
It sounds like it might be too large for my little 15 foot diameter greenhouse.
My greenhouse is 8 x 16. I actually think one of these fans would be enough, but I now have those two solar collectors handing down to about 6 feet off the ground. They are 48" x 22" so they obstruct good air movement.